Saturday, November 21, 2009

i am not artsy,
i am not that skilled.
i cannot capture breathtaking moments on film.
i cannot write creatively,
but at least i usually write properly.

i am not some painfully brilliant person whose best stuff comes out whilst i am in misery,
i actually enjoy being happy.
i have no formal training in writing, but i did get an A in my comp classes, ha.
i have my thoughts and ideas and perceptions that plague me,
and the [God-given] passions that drive me.

i have wild dreams of being okay,
of being enough.
and for now and forever He will be morethanenough.

my words will not change you,
they may not even make you think.
you may pass them by and never think about them again.
but that is okay.
that really is fine.
because it is not about me and it is not about you.

Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ;
and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

1 comment:

  1. i just found your comment you left two days ago, and realized i hadn't lurked your blog in a while, either. :) and i found this. and i don't know the last time someone has written words that echoed my own heart so much. i'm not even kidding. it's like you took the thoughts i think more often than i can count, and i mean even the very same exact phrases, and wrote them out here. and you did it exactly in the way i would have, or have attempted to, but i think you did it more succinctly and clearly than i would have, actually.


    sometimes i wish i were unique or talented or artsy or creative or witty or wonderfully intelligent or fascinating or eloquent. but then the Lord humbles me by reminding me of the same truths you declared in the last seven lines of this post. and so i have no choice but to praise Him that He made me to be how i am, not someone else - because the glory belongs to Him, not me. not us.


    meagan, i like you.

    ReplyDelete