Thursday, March 11, 2010

i miss my sophie.



that is sophie. she died the other night. i am so sad. i know she's just a cat and all of that, but i told her everything and we hung out and she followed me everywhere. i picked her out when i was four and i could not have asked for a better cat. she died peacefully and didn't seem to be in pain. i got to hold her and pet her while she was passing. i have a million great memories with that kitty, and i loved every moment of the sixteen years i had her. never thought losing an animal would be so hard. i love you, sophie hansen.

1994-2010.

(yes i know, she's just a cat...but i miss her).

5 comments:

  1. Not just a cat, Meegan. God gave us animals too. I'm sorry you lost her. I've never lost a pet, but Nathan just lost his childhood dog and it was very hard for him. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meggie kitty,

    I miss her a lot too. I almost started crying again when I saw this. She LOVED you and our whole family. She was: sassy, pretty, fiesty, silly, weirdo, meowie, nurse, bird watcher, home protector, queen, and so so much more.

    She was a blessing to our family and especially to you. I love you and we will always have wonderful memories of our dear Sophie/Snope/Sopher/Soph/Sopher Gopher/Sophie Princess and so on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm officially crying again :(

    But she would want us to be happy! And to keep those other 2 cats of our's in line, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. melissa is right, dear. sophie was way more than just a cat, she stuck around for 14 years! that's totally being a part of your family. i'll be praying for you. and call me back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soph is not "just a cat". She's a part of the family :) She'll be missed, we know! Love!

    ReplyDelete