Sunday, March 14, 2010

reason.

give us a reason, all else is
meaningless.
give me a reason, every other pursuit will
leave.
You are the reason, the only One after
it all.
You are the source of
all my delight.

[You are so beautiful]

and why do i push You away?
and why do i always
[every time, without fail]
fight alone?

the battle is too large,
too hard,
too brutal,

too much
for my own hands.

Lift me.
Carry me.
Guide me.

be my Reason; the only One i will ever need.

[and stay that way, first in my heart]

Lord, only You can save me from myself.
my heart will always choose my flesh.
always.
and that compass misguides
but You, Lord, You do not.

You remain.
You do not fail.
You pull me through,
pick me up,
and love me-even the unlovable me.
because Lord, the only lovable thing in me is
You.

psalm 73:26-
"my heart and my flesh may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment