Monday, April 12, 2010

dear,

dear april-you are sucking the life out of me. i cannot take much more schoolwork.
dear sunshine-oh, how lovely you are. i thank the Lord for you.
dear roommates-how blessed i am to have been placed with you gals :)
dear hallmates-ditto :D
dear sister-please do not leave me for married land, who is supposed to keep me company at home?
dear elliot-i love you and westley so stinking much. i love how close we have gotten over the past few years. i praise the Lord for providing a friend like you.
dear next wednesday-hurry up, roomies and i are going to the TWINS game!
dear nwc-i love you and i praise the Lord for bringing me here.
dear dad-you are just the best ever. no thanks for setting my standards so high though...that was mean of you. real mean :D
dear mom-thank you for being a godly (sometimes crazy) woman. i pray i am a mother like you were and are someday (far far from now).
dear texas-you are mean, you still my mantha from me and i would like her back.
dear knifesay-want an ice cream cone?
dear ppts-we will be that forever and ever. amen.
dear spring-welcome to my new favorite season, which is you.
dear praise fm-thank you for actually playing Spirit led worship and keep Christ as the center of every song. please don't tell school i do not like ktis, i may just get kicked out :D
dear self-stick to your running plan, it is worth it.
dear biology class-please do not kick me too much this summer.
dear lifespan psych-i would really like to get a b in your class.
dear old and new friends-thank you for being there for me, through heartache and joy and through every season. the Lord has really blessed me and i am undeserving and eternally thankful for the people He has placed in my life.

dear Lord-thank You for You unconditional love, mercy, and grace. thank You that your mercies are new every morning and that You grace (Your sufficient grace) is not based on what i do, but rather on the work You have done on the cross. thank You for tetelestai. thank You for forgiveness. thank You for the ability to read, to study, and learn. thank You for protecting me and guarding me even when i want nothing of that. thank You Lord for your goodness and sovereignty. i have been given more than beyond measure and i serve a good and wonderful King. thank You that though riches and status and jobs and school and all else can come and go, that my identity never changes-i am a daughter of the King now and always. forevermore.

also, thank you Lord that sometimes You are so obvious with what You want me to meditate on. we sang Be Thou My Vision sunday morning at church AND sunday evening at worship.

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

2 comments:

  1. Dear meegan- you are such a loving and awesome girl striving to be godly and to grow spiritually. you may not always feel confident and sure of what you're going through or what is right, but you are genuine and honest when you struggle with the tough stuff. and you are exuberant and joyous about praising God in every situation. that and your obvious love for people makes me respect you so much.

    i could keep on gushing, but i love you and thank you for your friendship. especially these last couple of days.

    amen amen amen on be thou my vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear liana-i freaking love you so much. i've been thinking/praying a lot for you these past few days.
    let's gush about how much we love each other and more importantly, how we love our Lord over coffee/homework time in the city some night this week :)

    ReplyDelete