Tuesday, April 13, 2010

how gracious is He.

psalm 86:15-
"but You, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abundant in
lovingkindness and truth."

proverbs 3:31-34-
"do not envy a man of violence,
and do not choose any of his ways.
for the devious are an
abomination to the LORD; but
He is intimate with the upright.
the curse of the LORD is on
the house of the wicked, but
He blesses the dwelling
of the righteous. though He scoffs
at the scoffers, yet He gives grace to the afflicted."

romans 5:18-21-
"so then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation
to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there
resulted justification of life to all men. for as through
the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners,
even so through the obedience of the One the many
will be made righteous. the Law came in so that the transgression
would increase; but where sin increased,
grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned
in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

2 corinthians 12:9&10-
"and He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power
is perfected in weakness." most gladly, therefore, i will rather boast about
my weakness, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
therefore i am content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when i am weak, then i am strong."
get this:
yesterday could probably go on record for one of the worst days of my life...more so, one of the worst days of my life where i let my attitude get the best of me. everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. from huge things that still need to be worked out, to silly little occurrences that i let frustrate me. think about it-how often do we let small things become a HUGE deal? probably too much. yesterday was also a crabby day, for circumstances and reasons i will not list here and i went before the Lord without a word to say. He knew i was frustrated. He knew my concerns. He knew what i was so burdened over. so i sat in my bed, without a word to offer up to Him, and simply meditated on what i already know. that which i already know is this: God is gracious, He is merciful, and is a great comforter. sometimes face-down prayer is really the best; being willing to confess that i haven't a single word or praise to offer to my Lord. what was really cool is that i went to bed (though i was on every avenue exhausted) completely refreshed and at peace.
today was incredible. i was woken up by a thunderstorm (yay) and it only got better. every class and discussion was a gift from the Lord and exactly what i needed. the chapel speaker made me cry my eyes out, and also gave me confirmation on my major. in the one class i am struggling in and need a B in i got my second huge exam back. unlike the exam before where i did so incredibly poorly, i got a b. B!!!!!!!! that b is truly a miracle.
maybe what i am learning more and more each day is that though i may think taking things into my hands is a wonderful idea, it never works out too well. but, when i trust in the Lord to carry me through the night after a terrible day, and when i plead with Him to keep me awake and keep my brain moving for an exam i have coming up, that He answers prayer! even selfish prayers. my God is a God who relishes over His children and desires to be their one Treasure. through lows and highs i have learned how God is still God. He carried me through yesterday, and He ran with me today.

this is what i am learning,
that God does not belong in a box
and that nothing is out of His sovereign plan.

matthew 13:44-
"the kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden
in the field, which a man found and hid again;
and from joy over it he goes and
sells all that he has
and buys that field."

1 comment:

  1. oh megalinn, this was a lovely post. thanks for the reminder... and i'm sorry you had such a crappy day on monday :( again, your blatant honesty is so inspiring. keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete