Friday, July 2, 2010

well my dears, surely it has been forever (and ever).

God is faithful and He is just.
He is loving beyond what is humanly possible
(for He and His infinite attributes do not make sense
in this natural world).
He is sovereign

[He is!].

I can say those words over and over again

(and still)

no words or acts of worship will ever
adequately show how
awesome our God is.

Surely He is for us,
not against us (Romans 8:26-39).

With such an awesome God who pleads for me, one would think I would continually put aside distractions and run toward Him each and every second of every day. Though that is my intention, my goal, my desire, I still manage to get off course (quite frequently, this is true). Fortunately for us (sinners), God's grace is sufficient and what He has to offer us never runs dry and is always [more than] enough.
Amen?

This is interesting (well C.S. Lewis said it, so could we even expect anything else?) and right on with what I am currently experiencing and learning. And hopefully (through prayer and devotion) I am moving away from this terrible bad habit.

"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea." -C.S. Lewis

and save me from myself, Lord. take me, break me, make me into a daughter of the King (one who is more and more like her precious Father with each passing day). perfect me and make me pure and holy; blameless; precious in Your awesome and holy and mighty sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment