Tuesday, August 17, 2010

this came at exactly the right moment:

"He is not the best student who reads the most books, but he who meditates the most upon them; he shall not learn most of divinity who hears the greatest number of sermons, but he who meditates the most devoutly upon what he does hear; nor shall he be so profound a scholar who takes down ponderous volumes one after the other, as he who, reading little by little, precept upon precept, and line upon line, digests what he learns, and assimilates each sentiment to his heart by meditation."

-Charles Spurgeon

Lord, You are good and gracious and mighty to save. You are unending in Your grace and mercy, Lord and You desire a relationship with me (sinner me) and I am blessed by Your word daily. Help me to grow each and everyday, regardless of the outside circumstances that can distract me and hold my mind captive. May my words be few and Your grace be much in my life. You are so so worthy and I am so so unworthy, which makes me love You all the more. You deserve my life and so much more, my beautiful King.

"You've shown me life
You’ve opened my eyes
So I give You my praise
Yeah I give You my all
You’ve shown me life
You’ve opened my eyes
To the truth that
there’s
no greater love"

No comments:

Post a Comment