Sunday, August 22, 2010

goods.

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less."

"Christ didn't die for us because we're worth dying for, but because He is intrinsically love and loves infinitely."

"I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more."

"I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me."

"I need Christ, not something that resembles Him."

"Love is something more stern and more splendid than mere kindness."

"Spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison."

"When I became a man I put away childish things including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

"3 propositions: 1-He will certainly return, 2-We can't possibly find out when, 3-We must always be ready for Him."

"God knows how hard we find it to love Him more than anyone or anything else, and He won't be angry as long as we are trying."

-Clive Staples Lewis, of course!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting a multitude of quotes, all from the same great man.

    ReplyDelete