Friday, November 19, 2010

"time to go"

"when i was young You waited patiently for me to grow;
Your smiling down, Your hand in mind, but i didn't know.
a voice i'd heard all my life locked away in my insides;
now whispering, "it's time to go",
so i told all i know goodbye.
You told me that You don't change when everything around me did,
and when i ran away You said there's no trespass You won't forgive.
sometimes it feels like when i was small; the way you still smile at me.
and after all these years You're still the One that i thought You would be.

the world says that You are someone You are not.
to know You better i've had to forget [some of the things] i've been taught.
and if the whole world decides to turn its back on you,
i'll be right here because they don't know You the way that i do.

i once had lots of family who all have gone away;
the storm came down and shook our house- they decided not to stay.
they feared the wind and rain and fled for their lives, but i didn't care.
i stayed and waited for the storm to pass; i knew you were there. "


tell all that you know goodbye. it is time to go and live for Him. that is all i can say.

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this? It is absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I wish. It's actually a Showbread song called, "Time to Go." I agree though- lovely.

    ReplyDelete