Monday, February 7, 2011

life after facebook

it exists! it really does!
after a week-long study i have discovered that not only does it exist, but that friendships become more dear, too. for example: phone calls and texting and get this: ACTUALLY MEETING UP FOR COFFEE. all of these things and more happen once that distraction is taken away. not to say every single person should do away with facebook, for much good can come from it. but, much wasted time can come of it, as well. if you are a college student i would really encourage you to step away from it for a while. just think about what you are doing? is there any profit in wasting forty-five minutes every single day? probably not. it may not be right for you to all together get rid of it, however i think it is safe to say that we all could manage our time better. this is absolutely true in my life. the Lord really laid it on my heart to examine my time and how i spend it, even in the tiny areas we think do not matter. all of a sudden i was prompted to delete my facebook (yes, this is true- i decided to listen to Him the first time around!), and i am left wondering why i did not make this move so much sooner. instead of looking at pictures of my friends i can call them and even see their face! life is good and God is good and He has provided an opportunity to be where i am and and to be (heavily) involved in writing-intensive classes and i owe it to Him and my parents and my professors and myself to make the most of my time. at the end of the day i am in the Word, not stuck on some silly website.

try it out. just saying.

happy monday!
i love you all,
m.

1 comment:

  1. dangit, why did i have to read this after trolling around on fb for an hour? :) you do prove a very good point, I really should try that soon. my interest in fb comes and goes, so maybe it will be a good time to try since i'm not that interested in reading my newsfeed right now :)

    ReplyDelete