Thursday, February 24, 2011

six-fifty-six.

[656]
I started Early - Took my Dog -
And visited the Sea -
The Mermaids in the Basement
Came out to look at me -

And Frigates - in the Upper Floor
Extended Hempen Hands -
Presuming Me to be a Mouse -
Aground - opon the Sands-

But no Man moved Me - till the Tide
Went past my simple Shoe -
And past my Apron - and my Belt
And past my Boddice - too -

And made as he would eat me up-
As wholly as a Dew
Opon a Dandelion's Sleeve -
And then - I started - too -

And He - He followed - close behind -
I felt His silver Heel
Opon my Ancle - Then My Shoes
Would overflow with Pearl -

Until We met the Solid Town -
No One He seemed to know -
And bowing - with a Mighty look -
At me - The Sea withdrew -

-Emily Dickinson

Emily Dickinson was such an interesting woman. Frankly, she's just a little wacko, however I love her poetry. Lindsay and Lili know of my high dreams to visit her museum this summer.
PS- Dear gas prices, please do not get so high that you crush and destroy all of my dreams.
PPS-We just sang #340/"I felt a Funeral, in my Brain" to "Amazing Grace." Yes, my classes are that cool.

2 comments:

  1. i miss you so much after reading this post! thank you for randomly texting me and letting me know you're alive, it makes me feel loved.

    I fully support you and your crazy lofty dreams of visiting MA. who would have known democracy blooming in the Middle East would threaten summer road tripping plans? but we had better make it work, this ain't no bungalow buddy dream to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bungalow Buddy!!!! I totally forgot about that! Even though a road trip in my car would be so much fun, we should look into cheap tickets, too. And if all else fails we can always go to Chicago for a few days. That would actually be a blast with you :) Plus, I do need to pay for summer classes and a new laptop this summer...eww to grown up land. But hey, I am alive! But just barely... Nina's and coffee and Jesus and Ecclesiastes soon. Please and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete