Wednesday, January 27, 2010

all i want is to mirror You.

Sometimes love is beautiful and is far greater than any man-made thing.
Sometimes love consumes and overcomes; sometimes it is even unconditional.
Sometimes love awakens the heart and soul to others.
Sometimes love stirs up the desire to serve and to be compassionate.
Sometimes love makes everything else in life seem insignificant.
Sometimes love can send a girl to her room, unable to contain her joy.
Sometimes love reaches over barriers and obstacles.
Sometimes love keeps you up at night.

And then sometimes love lets you down.
Sometimes the people whom you love let you down,
and many times that trust will never be rebuilt.
Sometimes love makes you want to throw it all away.
Sometimes (earthly) love will disappoint.
But that is only because you lifted something (or someone)
higher than they should have ever been lifted.
Sometimes you will love to the best of your ability
and still that love is rejected.
Thrown away. Tossed out.
Disregarded, for sin in the moment
is far more enticing than pure love.
Or something dumb like that.

Sometimes love is the reason you are able to get out of bed in the morning.
Sometimes love is the reason you are not able to get out of bed in the morning.

And I am not bitter, no.
No, I am not.
Maybe I just understand now
how easily each and every one of us fall.
Myself included.
Oh, how I can so easily put my hope
where hope does not belong.

Tonight, this song has made all the difference.

There You Are, by Lovelite.

“Tie me to You so I cannot leave.
Distance from You makes me dry and weak.
Come fill me up and change what I do,
All I want now is to mirror You.
And if ever I am faithless,
I can’t escape Your greatness.
From the brightest of places,
To the infinite spaces,
There You are, there You are.
My gentle frame wants to be set free,
Strength from the source will outlast all need.
That which is lost mercy will renew,
All You have saved longs to honor You.
You have been there from before time began,
Crying mercy for the broken man.
And if ever I am faithless,
I can’t escape Your greatness.
From the brightest of places,
To the infinite spaces,
There You are, there You are.”

Thank You, Lord.
I don’t even deserve Your love tonight or any other night.
Thank You that True Love does not disappoint.
It does not boast and it is not proud.
It surely does not keep a record of wrongs,
for all wrongdoing has been paid for- once for all.
Amen.
Amen.

Love,
Megs
P.S.

2 comments:

  1. Megalinn, you make spiritual observations with such clarity. i'm so glad i get to see a little bit of your beautiful thoughts through this super secret blog. really love the line "And if I am ever faithless,/ I can't escape Your greatness."

    and we need to talk. like soon.
    also, explain more of what this come & live organization is... do they release books? CDs? what kind of events do they do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so Come&Live, Come&Die is something that is somewhat connected to Desiring God/John Piper and the music and ministry is all about Bible/Christ-centered music. And the blogs are really good and even their tweets are encouraging. You can go to comeandlive.com and download the 'I am Living Volume One' for free. Some is more hardcore, but every song is great. And with good lyrics :D

    ReplyDelete