Saturday, January 23, 2010

happy girl.

I just got Francis Chan's new book Forgotten God and so far, so good. As most of you know, I absolutely loved his first book, Crazy Love. I think I have made at least ten people read it. It is just too good. Honestly, it changed my life. The thing that I love most about Chan is how he points back to scripture and makes you want to get into the Word more. Awesome! Anyways, I am only to chapter two and I cannot wait to pick it up and read more (and at the same time I do not want to start it because I do not want it to end). What is neat about Forgotten God is that at the end of each chapter he has like a two page mini biography on someone who exhibits the behavior previously discussed. The first one is on Joni Eareckson Tada, whom I love, and later on he writes on Francis Schaeffer (love it!). The main point of the book is to look at what Scripture says, not what views denominations traditionally hold to. Be blessed and read Crazy Love. You can even borrow it from me (although I am pretty sure Lili still has it). And when you are done with that read Forgotten God; I am sure it is going to be great.
Oh, and I got little bangthings and chopped off three inches of my hair, ha! AND got my nose pierced, but it is on the other side of my nose so you cannot see it in this picture.

Love you all!
My roommate Amanda and I are off to a basketball game.
Go Eagles!!!

1 comment:

  1. i just got my own copy of Crazy Love, but i do sitll have your copy from this summer... oops :) hmm, Forgotten God sounds not like i thought it would be about. i shall have to read it.

    also, love the bangs. you're so pretty, you don't even know.

    ReplyDelete